United Way Pharmacy understands the importance of privacy for its customers. We want to make sure you understand how we collect and use your personal information.
We collect the personal data you provide, data about how you use our services, and data from third-party sources. We use this data to provide you with services and understand how you use our services, so we can improve and customize your experience, and develop the most relevant applications, technologies and content for our customers. We also use personal information to serve you advertisements that are tailored to your perceived interests.
Information we collect
United Way Pharmacy collects your personal data in different ways:
First of all, we collect the information you provide directly, for example:
- When you place an order for medications, we ask for information such as name, home address, email address;
- In order to provide answers when you contact our customer support team, we may need the information to verify your identity and information about the product you are asking about;
- When you communicate with our managers via the Contact Us section, your messages will be transmitted through and stored on our systems.
In addition to the information you provide, we will collect data about how you use our website through software. We will collect information such as:
- Device information: IP address, cookies, pixels, operating system version, and settings of the devices used to access the Services;
- Log data: diagnostic data, technical data, error and usage data such as the time and duration of your use of the website, searches you enter on your device when you use the website, and any information stored in cookies that we sent to your devices;
- Browsing information: networks, channels, websites visited, programs viewed on your devices, and the time spent browsing them;
- Other information about your use of the website, such as the applications you use, the websites you visit, etc.
We sometimes collect information from public and paid sources under applicable law and combine it with other information about you so that we can analyze your needs and preferences.
How do we use your information?
We use the information we collect for the following purposes:
- to provide a service or product you have requested;
- to provide personalized advertisements and offers on our websites, third party websites and online platforms such as social networking sites that may be of interest to you;
- to provide information about promotions and offers through direct marketing communications only when you have given us your separate consent;
- to analyze our products and services so that we can better understand users and offer them the most appropriate communications, services and opportunities;
- to solicit your opinion on our products and services and to conduct customer surveys with your separate consent;
- to comply with legislation and legal processes;
- to protect the rights and legitimate interests, property or safety of United Way Pharmacy, any of its affiliates, business partners or customers.
Who do we share your information with?
We will share your personal data only with those parties who need it to continue providing the Services or to assist with your requests.
We will also only disclose your information to the following entities to the extent necessary to provide our services:
- Business partners: to provide you with the services and products you have requested or purchased. These business partners independently control and manage your personal information;
- Service providers. These are, for example, delivery service companies, companies that help us provide customer service centers, customer service activities, advertisements (including personalized ads on our websites, third party websites or online platform), conducting customer satisfaction surveys, billing or sending emails on our behalf. These service providers also take all the necessary steps to protect your information;
- Others when required by law or to protect our Services: for example, we may have to disclose your personal data in accordance with law, legal process, or government order;
- Other persons and organizations in connection with our corporate operations. We may transfer your information to a third party after a merger or transfer, acquisition or sale of a business, or in the event of bankruptcy;
- Other parties with your consent or at your direction: in addition to the cases of disclosure of personal data described in this document, we may transfer information about you to third parties with your separate consent or at your request.
How do we protect your information?
We take data protection seriously. We use organizational, legal and technical safeguards to ensure the safe storage of the information we collect. However, please note that while we take all the necessary steps to protect your personal data, no websites, Internet communications, computer systems, or wireless connections are completely secure.
What rights do we have?
Your personal data belongs to you. You can ask us to provide details of what information we have collected and ask us to remove it or correct any inaccuracies. You can also ask us to limit the processing and sharing of your personal data, as well as provide you with the personal information we have collected so that you can use it for your own purposes. However, a request to erase your personal information may result in you losing access to the Services we provide. We do not delete data that must be stored due to legal requirements.
To make an inquiry about your rights or to ask a question, please contact us. See the Contact Us section for more information.
How long do we store your information?
We do not store your personal information longer than is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. This means that data will be deleted from our systems when it is no longer needed.
We take appropriate steps to ensure that we process and store information about you based on the following logic:
- The minimum period during which the information is used to provide you with the service;
- As required by law, contract or in relation to our statutory obligations;
- No longer than is necessary for the purposes for the achievement of which it was collected and processed, in accordance with any contract or applicable laws, or in order to obtain statistical data, using appropriate means of information protection.
What third-party services do we use?
Cookies are small files that store information on your computer, TV, mobile phone or another device. They enable the organization that placed the cookie on your device to recognize your device or account across different websites, services, devices and browsers. Cookies serve many useful purposes. For example:
- Cookies can remember your login credentials, saving you the trouble of re-entering them each time you access the service;
- Cookies help us and third parties understand which sections of our website are most popular by allowing us to see which pages users are visiting and how long they spend on pages. Studying such information helps us to tailor the website and improve its quality;
- Cookies help us understand which advertisements you have viewed and take steps to ensure that you do not receive the same advertisement every time you access the Service;
- Cookies help us and third parties offer content and advertisements that are tailored to your interests by collecting information about your use of our Services and other websites and applications.